Sunday, August 8, 2010

Bon Echo 2010

We just got back from our two week camping trip at Bon Echo. It was our third time camping there. We were blessed with amazing weather, we loved our campsite, and some of us still weren't ready to come home even after 14 days in the woods....that's a good sign, I think.
I am happy to be back home. I love the clean floor under my feet. I appreciate the "spaciousness" of our home, my warm water coming from the faucet, my own shower, and especially my own bed. It's always such a blessing to get away from things and enjoy just being together as a family. God has given us another great vacation and I'll share some of my favourite photos from the trip in the days to come.
We had two down-pours during out time there, one the first week, and one the second. Other than that, we had great weather. Some cooler nights, some nice warm ones, sunshine and blue skies, fluffy white clouds, lots of singing birds and cute chipmunks, noisy and quiet neighbours, gorgeous surroundings, trails to blaze, water to enjoy, kayaks and canoes, campfires and s'mores, hotdogs and steak, and memories of all kinds that will last for a long time.
As much as I enjoy camping, it's always good to be home. (if only I could wave a wand and the laundry would be clean...)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...