Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Overdue Update

It's been way too long since I've taken the time to update this blog.  Shame on me.
A lot has happened in our neck of the woods in the past couple months, I shall try to be brief...so hang on...

Rick and I celebrated 20 wonderful years of marriage with a "no-kids" camping trip this summer to Bon Echo.  The kids were sincerely concerned that we would not be able to manage setting up camp without their help and muscles, but we managed just fine by ourselves.  It's amazing what you can do when you stand on a picnic table! That being said, I certainly missed their dish-washing skills...








Everyone is back into the swing of things in the school department.  Amber (gr.12), Taylor (gr.10) and Levi (gr.9) are diligently working at their particular subject areas for their first term at King's, and the girls are also back on the basketball court.  I've had the opportunity to watch a few games, and they are off to a nice start!





 I think this was Amber's 14pt game...she was tearing up the court...even impressed Coach Stewart with her left-handed lay-up...Gotta admit that it was so smooth I didn't even notice it was her left hand...



Rick and Amber celebrated birthdays in September...Sorry, no candles for Rick...



David (gr.5) and Rick (Mr. Princi"pal") are the only Schenkies left at Trinity, so David has a lot of responsibility being the only child who can keep an eye on daddy at school.  It's a lot of pressure, but he seems to be up for the challenge.  Our young man David is once again busy training for cross-country...he has his first X-country meet this week.

I am busy teaching/directing/herding 20 beautiful JK students three days a week.  It has been a steep learning curve for both the kids and myself.  Every day I seem to throw some plans out the window, or save things for another day, because you just never know what might go down in a day in JK!  I am having lots of fun, and God has blessed me with great health and a voice that has kept up with the all-day chatter.  I have two wonderful ladies who help out in the class as well, and they are a wonderful blessing!

Now I need to give my house a little attention...for some reason the house still doesn't clean itself...






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...