Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Signs of Spring

In the movie Bambi, Mr. Owl explains to young Bambi that the little creatures are "twitter-pated"...that's just what happens in the Spring.  It seems that many of the birds around here are up-and-at-em' for the arrival of Spring in a few days.  I'm pretty sure some of them are "twitter-pated" too.  They have been singing like crazy lately and we wake up every morning to the sounds of the mourning dove, the finches, the chickadees, and the cardinals.  I have not seen the blue jays for a few weeks, but I did spot the first fat robins of the season and my tulips are starting to come up in the garden.  I can't wait for the last of the snow piles to disappear and for the temperatures to rise.  I Love Spring!
I know these aren't very nice, but I will try to get some better bird pictures when the weather is nicer.  This was the best I could do through my dirty windows and the rain that is falling this morning.

These big beauties were in the corn field at dad and mom's...






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...