Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Some Thoughts on the Words..."I Love You"

Those words are said a lot in this house.  We tell our kids we love them.  I speak those words to my husband several times a day and he also says them frequently to me.  I never grow tired of hearing them.  They never grow old.  They are not just words.  Love is demonstrated through acts of kindness to one another.  Love is a fruit of the Spirit, and as far as the fruits go...it's the one on the top of that list.  Don't you think that being on the top of the list means something?

Love is the summary of the law...to love God with all that we are...to love Him above all and our neighbour as ourself.  We are commanded to love.  Husbands are commanded to love their wives...Titus 2 tells the older women to encourage the younger women to love their husbands and to love their children.  Our marriage and our family life is to be characterized by love.  The Bible is full of examples of love and explicit commands to love...not just the ones we find easy to love. 
We love our children just because of who they are.  We love them even when they disappoint us.  We love because God first loved us.  We love because of what Jesus has done for us. 

Well, it's the beginning of a new year.  I pray that I will grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ in the year 2011.  I pray that I'll grow in love as I should...that I'll forgive others as God forgives me...frequently and completely.  That I'll display those fruits of the Spirit more and more.  I pray that when December 2011 rolls around(DV), I will be able to look back and again see God's faithfulness in my life. That He has drawn me closer to Him and that He's made me more like Jesus.  How exciting it is to have a fresh new year to live for Him.  Who knows what God will bring our way this year...

What a lovely Christmas break we had as a family.  It was such a blessing just to be together and celebrate this wonderful gift of Jesus. 
Just prior to Christmas I celebrated 40 years of life.  How can it be that I am 40?  I still remember being a young girl and my mom turning 40. 
Isn't life amazing?  The older we get, the younger we think we really are...I'm not so old really, am I? 
All I have to do is ask my youngest.  He thinks 40 is a pretty big number...It's all perspective, I guess.

I believe that the best gifts don't have to cost a lot of money.  They don't have to be wrapped in fancy paper.  Sometimes the best gifts are the simplest.  For me, this card was one of those gifts.  It struck home and reminded me once again how God has blessed me.  Are husbands supposed to make you cry on your birthday?  (My dad says happy tears are ok...)

I am posting pics of the card I received from Rick for my birthday...probably illegal to do so...but I wanted to share it's message...and I want to be able to read it from time to time...(just in case the paper version does accidentally get misplaced...)




♥I am so blessed...

1 comment:

  1. I have a friend whose mother never said those words, "I love you." I was raised in a home where those words were said frequently and so it is in my home today.

    I just found your blog but am enjoying my visit and will be back soon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...