Friday, September 24, 2010

Busy September Update

Where does the time fly?  It's been over a week since I've had time to sit and post, and since the last post we've celebrated a couple birthdays!  Amber is 15 now and yesterday my man turned 40!  It's time to share some pictures!

Amber had a couple of her friends over for a birthday sleepover and we also went to Orillia for a visit to celebrate.  She had a relatively relaxing birthday celebration with a visit to the mall, some movie watching and snack eating, and of course a delicious cake from the bakery!

Rick, on the otherhand, well he had an exciting day at school yesterday.  I may have mentioned in passing to one of my inside people on the staff that Rick might be reaching a pretty big milestone, so I think the news spread and it turned out to be a very busy day for the princi"pal". 
 
I think his day went something like this:  Class after class visited his office to sing, "Happy Birthday" and deliver their wonderful cards and expressions of appreciation.  Rick was blessed with a lovely crown to wear, a large button with flashing lights that read, "It's My Birthday", a birthday horn type of thing to blow and make noise, and the "piece de resistance", an inflatable walker with all kinds of priceless warning signs on it.  I believe the office staff snuck into his office the night before to decorate it with streamers and balloons. 
Now you would think that after working with him for two years they should know by now that if you give Rick toys to play with, he will use them as much as he can!  I'm quite sure he made the most of his "props" and entertained everyone who cared to be entertained!
It's probably safe to say that he drove the office staff crazy all day.  I believe the secretary Mrs. VanDijk is quoted as saying, "It was a long day...A very long day!" 

Taylor and Amber had sports team practices after school till 5 yesterday, so after they got home and showered, we all went out for a lovely late dinner.  Everyone around the table seemed to be rather tired.  It must be nearing the end of the week.

The Schenk home has been very busy since school started.  Actually, to be more precise, the people in the Schenk house are very busy. 
Amber is on the King's junior basketball team again this year and they have practices and games four nights out of the week.  Sometimes she has the early practice session from 3:30-5pm, and other days it's the late one from 5-6:30pm.  So far, her team has a 1-1 record!  They have twice as many girls as last year, so we're hoping they win twice as often.  (To be honest, I'm not sure if they won very many games last year...so I think they are off to a good start!)

Taylor and Levi are on the soccer and crosscountry teams at school as well, so with their two schedules, they are at after school practices till 5pm four days of the week.  In summary...the children are busy...and Rick and I are playing taxi...or chauffeur...whichever you prefer...

I am happy to report that after two weeks my back is markedly better.  I really can't believe it's taking this long to get better.  It's still not 100%, but I'm working on it!  I can't wait to hit the tennis court again!  I really miss it. 

The Tuesday morning Ladies Bible Study has begun again and so has the Wednesday night Kids club. Taylor is out of KC and into the youth group this year, but I am trying to take both Levi and David to KC.  It's kind of late for David on a school night, but if I leave right away at 8:30, he might make it to bed by 9pm.  We'll see how it goes.

Well, it's time to share a few pictures and get some house work done.  It's been a while since I've pushed the vacuum around in this house, so maybe I'll give it a go today!  (Don't worry mom, others in this home have vacuumed during the past two weeks...just not me!)

The office staff was kind enough to email me some pictures of the aging principal...Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...