Monday, November 1, 2010

Autumn Update

Levi celebrated his 12th birthday this past weekend.  Wow!  It's hard to believe he's almost a teenager.  He's really shooting up, is trying to keep up with his sisters in the height department, and has surpassed me in the shoe size department.  With all the growing, one thing remains the same...he is still my kind-hearted little man.  I pray that never changes.  I thank God for making such a joy for a son.  I am truly blessed.

We celebrated his birthday all weekend, really.  Enjoying cake and family time, the school bazaar and visitors from Orillia, and then more cake and treats, and presents of course! It was a lovely but very busy weekend.

Levi enjoyed his "birthday week."  He loved the fact that there were only 3 days of school last week.  On Thursday, I took the kids to St. Jacob's to the market for the day.  We met Ken and Dana and their gang, (minus Joshua and Caleb who were at home holding down the fort, or should I say farm.)  It's been a while since we've visited with them, so it was funny that we had to go to the farmer's market to enjoy a little chat over lunch.  They came over for a visit after they were done at the market.  It was a great surprise.

Well, today is already the first day of November, (one of my favourite months of the year.)  The time is flying by and with school and sports keeping the kids VERY busy, they'll be ready for a break come Christmas.

As far as sports go, cross-country is finished, and both Taylor and Levi had a great season.  They were also both on the school soccer teams, and both teams placed 2nd at the tournament.  Now they are into volleyball, and I believe there are two tournaments coming up, so I'll keep you posted.  Amber has been VERY busy with basketball.  Their regular season is over, so we'll see if they qualify for play-offs this year.  They did post a few victories this fall!

Yesterday was a lovely autumn day, so we went for a family walk...dragged all the kids out of the house this time.  I don't think they wanted to go at first, but I think the pictures are evidence that they had a great time once they got out there.





 Saw this original pumpkin on our walk yesterday...










 

2 comments:

  1. So much going on in the fall! Love it all.

    What is in the middle of that hamburger pumpkin? Dirt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonja, I have no idea what's in that thing...looked very real to me, (but I didn't wanna get too close to investigate.) Pretty original though!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...